List of words that contains word COVERING
Use the form and buttons below to filter & order results.
Hint: Click one of the words below to view definition. All words highlighted GREEN exist in both SOWPODS and TWL dictionaries and words highlighted in RED exist in SOWPODS only, PURPLE exist in TWL only and BLUE exist in WWF only.
This tool gives you all words which include your letters IN ORDER, but ANYWHERE position of the word.
Welcome to our ‘List of Words Containing Words,’ or letters together! Our tool can help you find all the words which contain a specific letter or sequence of letters. Read on to learn more about our word list and how to use it.
How to Use the ‘List of Words Containing Words.’
- Enter your letters into the box and hit return. You can enter between 1 and 12 letters. These letters are some of the letters which will be contained within your word.
- You’ll be brought to a separate page showing your results.
- Be sure to set your parameters for how you’d like the results to be sorted. You can order your results alphabetically, by length, or by Scrabble or Words with Friends points. You can also decide if you’d like your results to be sorted in ascending order (i.e. A to Z) or descending order (i.e. Z to A).
- Decide if you’d like to filter by word length. Our tool allows you to filter by word length. You can choose to view all words, or view words specifically between 2 and 15 letters long.
- Pay attention to the colors of the words, to check they’re included in the right dictionary. Our tool displays words from a variety of gaming dictionaries. If you’re looking for words to play in a specific game, make sure you select a word that is actually legal in your chosen dictionary! All words in green exist in both the SOWPODS and TWL Scrabble dictionaries. Words in red are found in SOWPODS only; words in purple in TWL only; and words in blue are only found in the WWF dictionary.
Here are a few examples of how our word lists work.
If you enter a single letter, like ‘N’, you might get words like:
If you enter the letters ‘ED’ you might get words like:
If you enter a long string of letters, like ‘SORE’ you might get words like:
Keep in mind that entering two or more letters does not mean that you will get a list of words containing one of those letters! For instance, if you enter ‘ED,’ our tool will generate words containing both E and D together, like abated, flagged, and swelled. We will not generate a list of words that contain either E or D, like sneeze or sad.
Also remember that the longer your string of letters is, the fewer results you are likely to get. For instance, there are over 9,000 words that contain ‘OS’. But there are only 12 words that contain the letters ‘ROSY’ in sequence.
This tool allows you to search for words that contain multiple letters in a specific sequence within a word. If you are looking for a tool that will help you find words that contain multiple letters at any location, check out our Wordlist Containing Letters.
Words Within Words in Scrabble
Did you know that in Scrabble, you can play tiles around existing words? These ‘words within words’ can be a good way to get rid of stray tiles you haven’t been able to use, and can also buy you a bunch of extra points. A few examples of words within words you can play are:
- Visored from sore; just add the V, I, and D.
- Ether from the; just add the E and R.
- Overruns from runs; just add the O, V, E, and R.
- Unvexed from vex; just add the U, N, E and D.
- Cesarean from area; just add the C, E, S and N.