Word lists containing letters anywhere in the word
Use the form and buttons below to filter & order results.
Welcome to our ‘Word Lists Containing Letters’! Our tool can help you find all the words which contain a specific letter or sequence of letters. Read on to learn more about our word list and how to use it.
How to Use the ‘Word Lists Containing Letters.’
- Enter your letters into the box and hit return. You can enter between 1 and 12 letters. These letters are some of the letters which will be contained within your word.
- You’ll be brought to a separate page showing your results.
- Be sure to set your parameters for how you’d like the results to be sorted. You can order your results alphabetically, by length, or by Scrabble or Words with Friends points. You can also decide if you’d like your results to be sorted in ascending order (i.e. A to Z) or descending order (i.e. Z to A).
- Decide if you’d like to filter by word length. Our tool allows you to filter by word length. You can choose to view all words, or view words specifically between 2 and 15 letters long.
- Pay attention to the colors of the words, to check they’re included in the right dictionary. Our tool displays words from a variety of gaming dictionaries. If you’re looking for words to play in a specific game, make sure you select a word that is actually legal in your chosen dictionary! All words in green exist in both the SOWPODS and TWL Scrabble dictionaries. Words in red are found in SOWPODS only; words in purple in TWL only; and words in blue are only found in the WWF dictionary.
Here are a few examples of how our word lists work.
If you enter a single letter, like ‘K’, you might get words like:
If you enter the letters ‘ED’ you might get words like:
If you enter a long string of letters, like ‘ROSE’ you might get words like:
Keep in mind that entering two or more letters does not mean that you will get a list of words containing one of those letters! For instance, if you enter ‘ED,’ our tool will generate words containing both E and D, like abide, dine, and flagged. We will not generate a list of words that contain either E or D, like sneeze or sad.
Also remember that the longer your string of letters is, the fewer results you are likely to get. For instance, there are over 65,000 words that contain R and O. But there are only 1508 words that contain the letters ‘ROTGU’.
This tool allows you to search for words that contain multiple letters anywhere in the word. If you are looking for a tool that will help you find words that contain multiple letters in sequence, check out our Wordlist Containing Words.